Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Week 10: Education and Perseverance... Down 3.8 more pounds! That's 21.7 pounds total! (201.2)

Now that I'm in a groove, it's time to put my foot on the throat of this weight. I'm normally a very chill person but I'm extremely competitive and my competitiveness is helping a lot with this experiment. Almost every day I know what weight I want to be at the following day (which includes purposely gaining weight some days) and I don't go to sleep until I get there. Yes, that means that if I want to be 205 in the morning, I need to be 207 before I go to sleep and I don't go to sleep until I'm at that weight. People ask me a lot about what it takes to lose weight and I'd say it's nutrition education along with a fierce level of perseverance. Even a fierce level of perseverance won't help a killed metabolism from going on a starvation diet or "poverty macros" in the words of Dr. Layne Norton so that's why I think nutritional education has to be the first priority.

Starting off, the exercise was hard. I hadn't worked out seriously in months and it hurt but now that I'm feeling fairly normal again, it's time to put myself into a higher gear which I feel like I'm doing. I won my age group at a 5k again and I feel like my running performance is improving even being at this higher weight. With that being said, I can't wait to be fitter and faster.

The dorkiest pose I could make for my podium finish at the Tutu Run.

Sweaty Selfie after my stair workout. Stairs are hard. That is all. Jagged teeth are hot, right?

Jodi and Loni on our trail run. Beautiful day!

Megan and the ladies on our trail run.


Exercise Log:

Wednesday: 1.62 mile run with my NOBO running group. Over 13,000 steps.

Thursday: 3.35 mile trail run by myself. I set a PR on this particular trail which I'm happy about. Over 15,000 steps.

Friday: I did some extra walking, but it was an active rest day before the 5k. Over 12,000 steps.

Saturday: I ran a 5k with my friends. Over 14,000 steps.

Sunday: Body weight runner-specific strength training (side lying leg lifts, clams, single leg glute bridges, plank, rows and I'm sure some other stuff) for 30 minutes and 25 minutes of walking up and down stairs which was HARD. Over 12,000 steps.

Monday: 3.3 mile trail run with friends. It was a beautiful day! Over 16,000 steps.

Tuesday: 3 mile trail run by myself on a HARD trail. After my run, I cleaned our apartment. Over 19,000 steps.


I've been getting a big salad from the cafe next door every weekday for lunch and really enjoying them. It's around 600 calories and I have to eat it in two sessions because it's so big. It normally contains spinach, black beans, potatoes, corn, avocado, chicken, bacon and balsamic dressing.  


Average calories were 2,545 per day this week.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment