Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Day 48: I lost 4 pounds from yesterday. Don't give up... You might surprise yourself...

After eating a lot of food on Sunday, I settled back into my weight loss comfort zone of eating yesterday. My MFP food diary said I ate 1,966 calories which felt about right. It's certainly not too much food but I didn't go into a starvation mindset either. This amount of food, coupled with a lot of walking, a little run and some quick but high intensity exercise, made for a startling scale reading this morning. 210.8. That's almost a five pound lost from yesterday morning. Do you remember what I said about how fast weight gain for me also equals fast weight loss? Well, here ya go. I'm almost a textbook endomorph. I gain and lose weight very fast. You might think that's a good thing, but actually it can be a bit difficult if you're trying to just maintain a certain weight or level of aesthetic. I always fluctuate because that's how my body is set up. Now, I think I might've been a little dehydrated because I didn't drink much after I left work, but that means I still lost two or three pounds in one day. All of this to say, I think it's important to not get down about one day. If I would've eaten crappy yesterday because of my eating habits on Sunday, then I never would've seen this scale surprise. From my experience, the people that achieve and maintain their health and fitness goals are not the ones who are perfect, they are the ones that do a good job about 80% of the time. They are the ones who don't let one day of eating too much turn into two, three and a week. Those that focus on trying to be perfect normally set themselves up for disappointment and eventually completely give up. It's not about being perfect, it's about being consistent.

My interval run with friends at the No Boundaries running group through Fleet Feet.
I do fully expect to be at a higher weight tomorrow morning due to drinking more today, but I know that I'm doing my best to achieve my weight loss goals and enjoy life. My wife's birthday only comes around once a year, and I'm going to celebrate it every year with food, drink and spending time together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment