Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Week 5: Hiking and eating in Portland

This week was fun! Megan, Jodi and I all went to the Portland area for the weekend to hang out and help with Megan's ultra marathon race. The race is The Gorge 50k and it's beautiful! This week's workouts consisted mainly of hiking and a hotel fitness center workout. Wow, that place was SMALL. Also, since we were in Portland, I had to eat a Voo Doo doughnut. I love doughnuts and Voo Doo's O Captain My Captain in particular. Again, it's important to fit in life's adventures into your weight loss goals. In my opinion, life is too short to be on an extremely regimented diet, but to each their own. I think I gained a pound or two, but I've already lost them and more. For me, fast weight gain can be fast weight loss. Here are some pictures from the weekend:
There were so many waterfalls! It was gorgeous!

What a great picture. More waterfalls to hike near!

Jodi and I after our hotel fitness center workout. 4 Rounds of 1 minute lat pulls, 1 minute hard pace on elliptical, 1 minute kettle bell swings and another 1 minute of hard pace on elliptical

Voo Doo Doughnut's O Captain My Captain. My absolute favorite doughnut in the world. 



Exercise Log:

Wednesday - Circuit training. 6 Circuits of 1 minute of jump rope, wall balls, ball throw downs and fast pace on the rowing machine. I did each round at high intensity and then rested for 2 minutes.

Thursday - Rest Day

Friday - Circuit training with Jodi at the Comfort Inn fitness center. Refer to picture above.

Saturday - Hiked 2 miles of trail. Easy pace.

Sunday - Hiked 2.5 miles of hard, steep incline trail.

Monday - Rest Day

Tuesday - Rest Day *I didn't get much sleep on Monday night due to a really weird dream, so I didn't have energy to exercise. Not to mention, I don't believe in exercising whenever I've had minimal sleep. A lot of research shows you burn more muscle than fat when you exercise without sufficient rest.*

Approximate Total Exercise Time: 220 minutes


Um yea. Tracking was horrible this week. Sorry folks.


Food. I'll be sure to log my food more consistently on My Fitness Pal. I got out of the routine during my birthday week.

5 weeks down, 47 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment